In this episode, the team discusses our lives during the past 2 weeks and our experiences supporting remote workers. Additionally, Microsoft Teams has been incurring additional load, listen in on what services and features have been throttled down temporarily.
- Chat read receipts disabled in some regions, huge load on chat backend service
- Azure voicemail Service - not playing greetings at times
- Call Queues and Auto Attendants failing to receive calls
- To best support our Microsoft 365 customers worldwide and accommodate new growth and demand during these unprecedented times, we're making temporary adjustments to select non-essential capabilities. We do not expect these changes to have a significant impact on the end-users experience but wanted to make you aware.
- Examples of changes we may make include:
- How often we check for presence
- The interval in which we show when the other party is typing
- Video resolution
- OneNote in Teams will be read-only for commercial tenants, excluding EDU. Users can go to OneNote for the web for editing.
- Download size and sync frequency of file attachments has been changed.
- You can find details on these and other OneNote related updates as http://aka.ms/notesupdates.
- We are rescheduling specific backend operations to regional evening and weekend business hours. Impacted capabilities include migration, DLP and delays in file management after uploading a new file, video or image.
- Reduced video resolution for playback videos.
- People timeline has been disabled for newly uploaded videos. Pre-existing videos will not be impacted.
- Meeting recording video resolution adjusted to 720p